Schengen Visa is a boon for the denizens of non-European countries. Hence a fruitful completion of the application process can take away the worries of travelling to Europe. The Schengen Visa application process often becomes cumbersome for most of the countries due to the taxing.
Germany is one of the top-most Schengen countries therefore you need to apply prior to April month in advance of the original travel dates. Well, duly completed Visa application forms should be submitted three months before the planned travel date. This will help you to execute an untroubled organization of your trip.
If you have not applied for a Schengen Visa for Germany yet, in this guide, we will be going to provide you with a detailed step-by-step guide to apply for a Schengen Visa.
- Let’s underst first which Schengen Visa type you require:
Do you want to visit Germany? Well, depending on your requirement, make sure to apply for any type of Schengen Visa.
- Business Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Medical Visa
- Visa for culture sport activities
- Tourism Visa
- Visa for official visits
- Student Visa
- Checking the Embassy for which you have to apply:
Relying on how your destination country in Schengen has synchronized visa submission in your residence country, you will need to apply for your Schengen Visa at any of the following listed below:
- Their embassy (If you are planning to visit in Germany, then you have to follow that domain)
- One of their consulates.
- The embassy of a different Schengen state to which the embassy of your terminus country has obtained visa submission.
- A visa center to which the embassy of your terminus country has obtained visa submission.
- Rummage the most suitable time to apply:
Because of that time that the Schengen embassies across the world have to process a Schengen visa, you will be given an appointed period within which you can start your visa application procedure. The permitted period for Schengen visa application is as followed:
- The fast you can apply for a visa:
You should file six months before you start executing your scheduled trip.
- The latest you can apply for a visa application:
You should apply before the 15 working days you planned to travel.
- The apt time to apply for a visa:
You should apply at least three weeks prior to your scheduled trip.
- Schedule an appointment:
In this case, you have to book an appointment for a Schengen visa just to go ahead with your application. Various countries provide you the facility of online booking or otherwise, you have to schedule an appointment in person at the consulate of your terminus country.
- Fill up the Schengen Visa application form:
The application form of Schengen Visa possesses a similar format regardless of which country’s visa you are applying for. While filling out the application form, you need to provide this information:
- Personal credentials.
- Your background information.
- Your intention to enter the Schengen area.
- Other significant details regarding the visit.
- Amass the matory documents:
Submission of required documents are a vital part while applying for a Schengen Visa. These are classified into two groups:
- The Schengen Visa application form.
- A legitimate passport.
- Two similar photos.
- Accommodation proof.
- Flight itinerary records.
- Travel insurance policy.
- Financial documents proof.
However, these are the basic requirements for applying for a Schengen visa. There are also visa definite requirements that diverge from one visa type to another. Moreover, various Schengen countries may possess additional document requirements for applicants.
- Partake in Visa interview:
You have to appear on-time on the day of your interview at the facility. After that, you need to delegate all the required documents to the visa consular. Your interviewer might ask you various personal questions regarding the planned trip other itinerary details. Make sure to provide all the correct answers to your level best.
Some common questions you are being asked by the consular, which are as followed:
- Which Schengen countries are you intending to visit?
- What is the motive of your visit?
- Are there any family members staying in that country?
- How long are you going to stay over there?
- What are your educational qualifications?
- Where are you working currently?
- Pay the exact Visa fee:
Pay a non-refundable visa fee as a processing charge of your Schengen visa. Well, the current charge for the visa application is €80 per person. People with definite categories or children might get the exemption from paying or have to pay a reduced amount.
- Wait for an answer to your application:
The general time for processing a visa is not more than 15 days. But you should wait for more until a response comes in. It can also be possible that the processing time takes much longer. However, it could take 15-45 days in some Schengen countries.
Statistics of people applying for a Schengen Visa in 2014-2018:
|Year||Schengen Visa Application||Schengen Visa Issued|
Are you thinking about applying for a Schengen visa? Quickly follow these hassle-free steps to accomplish your application procedure. We have also provided Schengen visa statistics from 2014-2018 where you can see the number of visa applications issued. If you are planning to visit any of the Schengen countries, this guide of Schengen visa application will immensely help you! Like this article? Do not forget to like, share, subscribe. If you have any queries, kindly let us know!